Call for Applications:
Research Fellow in Global Environmental Politics
Contribute to an international research project on environmental politics and get the opportunity to earn a PhD degree at the same time.
The PhD student will be based at Université Laval (Québec City, Canada). Université Laval is a research-based university, with more than 45,000 students, 27% of which are in graduate programs. Its Political Science Department provides a thriving environment for research and doctoral studies.
The research fellow will join the research project FRAMENET, jointly funded by SSHRC in Canada, ESRC in the UK, and DFG in Germany. This project involves a team of students, fellows, researchers, and professors from three countries, united to better understand how discursive frames emerge and diffuse. The position offers the opportunity to contribute to case studies on environmental politics while simultaneously obtaining a PhD in political science.
The research fellow will work under the joint supervision of Prof. Yannick Dufresne, chairholder of the Leadership Chair in the Teaching of Digital Social Sciences, and Prof. Jean-Frédéric Morin, chairholder of the Canada Research Chair in International Political Economy.
- Collect and analyze documents related to global environmental politics;
- Conduct discursive network analysis;
- Conduct interviews and field research;
- Contribute to the project’s publications and dissemination strategy.
- A master’s degree in Political Science or related discipline;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of French.
- Knowledge of the programming language R is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of network analysis;
- Knowledge of global environmental politics.
- Knowledge of theories related to frames in global debates.
Starting date: preferably May 1, 2021. The contract can be renewed up for a total duration of 3 years. Salary and conditions according to Université Laval’s collective agreements.
This studentship is available to Canadian and foreign applicants. Applications from women, minorities, and people with disabilities are particularly welcome.
Applications should include a motivation letter, a CV and a copy of the most recent transcript. Applications should be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org before March 15, 2021.