Postdoctoral fellow position on
the design of environmental agreements
The Canada Research Chair in International Political Economy of Université Laval (Québec City, Canada) offers a full-time postdoctoral fellowship.
- Applications must be sent by March 1st, 2019 at the latest.
- Expected starting date of the fellowship: October 1st, 2019 at the latest.
- Duration of the fellowship: between 6 and 12 months.
THE DESIGN OF ENVIRONMENTAL TREATIES
There are currently thousands of environmental treaties around the world. These bilateral, regional and multilateral treaties govern a wide range of environmental issues, including fisheries, nuclear energy, drainage basins, endangered species, and atmospheric pollution. However, their institutional provisions vary significantly. This variation raises questions on the causes and consequences of specific design features. The postdoctoral fellow will be invited to design and carry out a research project on this theme in collaboration with researchers from the Canada Research Chair in International Political Economy.
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The salary will be determined according to the quality of the application. It is possible to combine this fellowship with other fellowships or with one-time teaching contracts. The minimum annual salary is set by the collective agreement for postdoctoral fellows at Université Laval. The fellow will benefit from the conditions described in Université Laval’s Policy for the welcoming and supervision of postdoctoral research fellows.
The fellow will have an office space at the Canada Research Chair in International Political Economy. He/she will have access to an original dataset of more than 2000 environmental treaties. He/she may have access, within the limits of available funds, to financial support to conduct his/her research and disseminate his/her results (open access publication costs, travel to conferences, etc.).
- Hold a Ph. D. for less than 5 years in a relevant discipline.
- Have successfully defended his/her thesis at the time of starting the postdoctoral fellowship.
- Register as a postdoctoral fellow at Laval University.
- Make a formal commitment to: 1) actively participate in the work, meetings and events organized by the Chair; ii) submit at least one article to a peer-reviewed scientific journal; iii) mention the financial support of the Chair for any communication or publication resulting from its work.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and include i) a detailed curriculum vitae; ii) a copy of academic transcript; iii) a letter (max 2 pages) demonstrating how the candidate's expertise is relevant to the research theme, with emphasis on methodological and theoretical aspects.